Sean Payton. Tony Sparano. Norv Turner. As Randy Galloway kindly reminds us, these are just a few of the folks Jerry has passed on during the process of hiring and keeping Wade. Surely there’s a good reason Mr. Jones has ignored such strong coaching talent. My theory? Jason Garrett.
After some initial success at the offensive coordinator position, Jerry decided that Jason Garrett was going to be the next coach, but decided that it was best to allow him to organically grow into the job. So Jerry pays him obscene money to keep him around as an assistant coach while Wade kept the seat warm. Unfortunately, Garrett hit some obstacles along the way and Jerry was forced to keep Wade around a little longer than planned.
Mark my words—once Wade’s finally gone, Jason Garrett will be crowned king.
I’d love to hear some of your [conspiracy] theories as well. Tell me, what other reasons would Jerry have for keeping Wade?
Gerry Fraley at the Dallas Morning News says the worst decision the Cowboys made in 2009 was to dump Nick Folk (as supposed to placing him on the injured reserve list).
What do you think? Was this the stupidest thing Jerry did during the season? Or did you agree with his move in that Nick Folk had lost it and was no longer of any use as a kicker?
As always, give us your thoughts below.
Let us now take a quick moment to look at how things have gone during these last fifty years…
Think back to the 2006 NFL season. More specifically, think back to the Cowboys’ season. Remember who the starting quarterback was? Well, it depends on which part of the season you’re remembering. Drew Bledsoe began the season as the team’s starting QB but was benched at halftime of their Week 7 matchup with the Giants. There was Tony Romo, a great unknown, jogging out of the locker room as the new starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. His first pass, an ominous harbinger, was an interception on a simple screen pass. Continue reading »
In the world of an NFL football fan, is there anything worse than the weekend immediately following the week your team gets eliminated from postseason play? Saturday and Sunday roll around, and for the past 4 months you’ve been trained to look forward to the next game, the next opportunity for your team to show what it can do. But the Weekend After is a whole other experience. Continue reading »
It has been twelve long years since our beloved Dallas Cowboys have won a playoff game. While there are many reasons for this, we believe that the team's general manager is ultimately to blame. The mission of this site is to serve as an open appeal to Mr. Jones imploring him to step down as GM and bring in a proven football mind.
- Our Declaration of Independence From Jerry Jones
- Dear Mr. Jones — Part II
- Thank you & goodbye
- Farewell, Mr. Jones
- 3. 2. 1. Boom.
- What could have been
- Worst Decision Award for 2009 goes to…
- Happy belated birthday!
- Be careful what you wish for
- The Weekend After
- Complete Archives
- Cowboys Gab: Hey Ryan,Sorry to hear you decided to close up shop, but we wish you luck on your future endeavors.For the readers of FJJ, feel free t
- Ryan: Even though we won't be posting here any more, we'll still pop in from time-to-time on our Facebook page:
- Ryan: To the few readers we still have out there crying "say it ain't so!", you're reading things right. We've decided to wrap up things here at
- Farewell, Mr. Jones – Fire Jerry Jones!: [...] As the dust finally settles from the ruins of Texas Stadium, a realization dawns: the bridge to the past has also collapsed. While we prepare to
- Michael W. Jackson: I am surprised and disappointed by the lack of traffic FJJ.com. I check thewebsite almost every two weeks
- Jeff Stehle: For all you Simpsons fans, don't you see similarities between Mr. Montgomery Burns and Mr. Jerry Jones? Who in the Dallas Cowboys organization wo
- Tarrell Ball : darthyt gf bjkjk hkljl;j kp[k'pk' l[l'] l'
- Tarrell Ball : f bbjkbklj;;l'l[pjoguyftydtfuygihohpjpo
- Tarrell Ball : Dear jerry jones im back your cowboys offensive line broke down in minnesota here is the keyto next year follow my instructions.Give your LT another y
- MBurkett: Jerry's worst decision came before the Minnesota playoff game. Jerry gave the 2009 Dallas Cowboy defensive line coach Todd Grantham permission to