IN DALLAS, JANUARY 13, 2013, A DECLARATION BY THE FANS OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS, IN GENERAL FANDOM ASSEMBLED.
When in the course of NFL events it becomes necessary for one fandom to dissolve the bands which have connected them with their general manager, and to assume among the powers of the gridiron, the separate and equal station to which the laws of the NFL and Roger Goodell entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of fans requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
- Comments Off
Dear Mr. Jones,
It’s been a while since we’ve talked. We’d like to say that our relationship has changed in a way that works for both of us, but we’re sorry to say we can’t. We Cowboys fans again feel the disappointment of another lost season, and at the time of this letter you continue to break our hearts by deciding to lay low amidst one of the crazier free agency periods in recent memory.
You do remember us fans, right, Jerry? We pay your oversized salary. Continue reading »
- Comments Off
To Our Readers,
As we hinted at in our last post, we’re wrapping up operations here at FireJerryJones.com. Not only has our readership slowly declined due to a brief bout of lucid thought on Jerry’s part, but so has our ability to churn out content on a regular basis. We feel that instead of allowing the site to limp along with irregular updates, it was best to just call it a day.
With that said, we wanted to tell you how sincerely thrilled we were to have had the opportunity to unite fellow Cowboys fans together in the call for change at Valley Ranch—because of your support, we were able to make a splash in our own small way. To each and everyone one of you who stopped by, read an article (or three), and even left a comment (no matter how right or wrong your take on a particular matter was), thank you. Continue reading »
Dear Mr. Jones,
As the dust finally settles from the ruins of Texas Stadium, a realization dawns: the bridge to the past has also collapsed. While we prepare to move towards a new future unshackled and unfettered, is there a more fitting time to reflect on our mission? A closer look lends shocking results. Continue reading »
Yes, a couple of us from FireJerryJones.com made it out to the implosion (the video was actually taken from our very own Kristin Dohn). No, we were not given media credentials (we were unable to impress them with our huge readership of four). Yes, we know we haven’t posted in a while and are really slow in sharing this video (more on that in an upcoming post).
Anyway, without further ado, our view of April’s Texas Stadium implosion:
It has been twelve long years since our beloved Dallas Cowboys have won a playoff game. While there are many reasons for this, we believe that the team's general manager is ultimately to blame. The mission of this site is to serve as an open appeal to Mr. Jones imploring him to step down as GM and bring in a proven football mind.
- Our Declaration of Independence From Jerry Jones
- Dear Mr. Jones — Part II
- Thank you & goodbye
- Farewell, Mr. Jones
- 3. 2. 1. Boom.
- What could have been
- Worst Decision Award for 2009 goes to…
- Happy belated birthday!
- Be careful what you wish for
- The Weekend After
- Complete Archives
- Cowboys Gab: Hey Ryan,Sorry to hear you decided to close up shop, but we wish you luck on your future endeavors.For the readers of FJJ, feel free t
- Ryan: Even though we won't be posting here any more, we'll still pop in from time-to-time on our Facebook page:
- Ryan: To the few readers we still have out there crying "say it ain't so!", you're reading things right. We've decided to wrap up things here at
- Farewell, Mr. Jones – Fire Jerry Jones!: [...] As the dust finally settles from the ruins of Texas Stadium, a realization dawns: the bridge to the past has also collapsed. While we prepare to
- Michael W. Jackson: I am surprised and disappointed by the lack of traffic FJJ.com. I check thewebsite almost every two weeks
- Jeff Stehle: For all you Simpsons fans, don't you see similarities between Mr. Montgomery Burns and Mr. Jerry Jones? Who in the Dallas Cowboys organization wo
- Tarrell Ball : darthyt gf bjkjk hkljl;j kp[k'pk' l[l'] l'
- Tarrell Ball : f bbjkbklj;;l'l[pjoguyftydtfuygihohpjpo
- Tarrell Ball : Dear jerry jones im back your cowboys offensive line broke down in minnesota here is the keyto next year follow my instructions.Give your LT another y
- MBurkett: Jerry's worst decision came before the Minnesota playoff game. Jerry gave the 2009 Dallas Cowboy defensive line coach Todd Grantham permission to