Should we call it Stubhub Stadium?

by - April 23, 2009 - Posted in Offseason

Since when do the Dallas Cowboys only sell season tickets? A few days ago I inquired to the Dallas Cowboys ticket office about individual game tickets and I was told that they only sell season tickets now. I was advised by the ticket office representative to buy season tickets (even though I live 300 miles from Dallas) and sell the tickets I don’t need on stubhub.com. The Dallas Cowboys ticket office even offered to help me sell them. I was also told that tickets will sell on stubhub.com far above cost (somebody who knows the law better than me, please help me distinguish that from scalping!).

I have come to two conclusions as to why this is happening. One, the Dallas Cowboys ticket office have my name on their watchdog list for slamming GM Jerry on this website and on Facebook. They really aren’t selling only season tickets but that’s what they’re telling me. Two, Jerry Jones has struck some kind of deal with stubhub.com and possibly ebay where he receives some kickback for sending business their way. I would sleep easier at night if the former were true rather than the latter. I sure hope neither is the case here.

Either way, if this is how Jerry plans to fill that new spaceship of a stadium, he is going to have to produce a better product than what we have been getting over the past decade; especially now that we have to buy the whole season instead of just buying which games we can go to. And as we have been saying over and over and over and over and over, producing that better product starts with replacing GM Jerry. Owner Jerry, we are your biggest supporters and die-hard fans of the greatest sports franchise that ever existed. Stop making it difficult for us. In case you don’t watch the news, we are in recession. During recession, we help one another out. If you’re not going to fire that awful General Manager of yours, then please don’t make it so hard for us to see our beloved Cowboys.

10 Responses to Should we call it Stubhub Stadium?

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:10 am

Here's another conspiracy theory for ya:

The operator could have been BSing you. Those people probably work on commissions and I'll bet the commission would be higher for a season ticket package. I'm sure that wouldn't be the first time a salesperson stretches the truth just to make a buck for him or herself.

Jeff

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:44 am

I have it in writing from him that they only sell season tickets. If he is BSing me, he could be knee-deep in some serious S himself.

April 23rd, 2009 at 9:49 am

Well, that sure changes things.

Take heart, I'm sure they'll put single game tickets on sale once the season gets closer. Wouldn't make sense to keep the stadium at 75% capacity just because they couldn't sell out on season tickets. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Jeff

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:21 am

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But that doesn't stop us from exploiting this to make another slam of GM Jerry. I'm surprised the Star-Telegram hasn't picked up on this yet.

April 23rd, 2009 at 11:28 am

Oh, by all means, slam away. I'm ALL for a good Jerry bashing.

April 23rd, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Here's another conspiracy theory for ya:

Jeff

April 23rd, 2009 at 2:44 pm

April 23rd, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Well, that sure changes things.

Take heart, I'm sure they'll put single game tickets on sale once the season gets closer. Wouldn't make sense to keep the stadium at 75% capacity just because they couldn't sell out on season tickets alone. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Jeff

April 23rd, 2009 at 4:21 pm

April 23rd, 2009 at 4:28 pm

Oh, by all means, slam away. I'm ALL for a good Jerry bashing.