Foodies welcome at new stadium

by - March 31, 2009 - Posted in Offseason

Legends Hospitality Management is a joint venture between the Yankees, the Cowboys, and Goldman Sachs. This week the New York Times ran a piece showcasing a food preview for New Yankees Stadium. Could this give us some clues as to what’s on the menu in Arlington? Is there a chance a new GM will be on that menu?

At New Yankee Stadium suite and club ticket holders will be delighted with all you can eat delicacies prepared by celebrity chefs in an open kitchen. While I’m not sure Jerry can lure an Iron Chef, more than likely there will be high end fare for the high end seats. Perhaps Stephan Pyles, Dean Fearing, or Tim Love would be willing to cook for tickets?

In New York, the choices for commoners, while not overwhelming, still incorporate fresh ingredients and varieties from local favorites, as well as better-done stadium stalwarts. For example, Lobel’s, a premium butcher, will provide hand-carved sandwiches in the main concourse.

Assuming the new Dallas Cowboys stadium follows a path similar to its partner, what would you like to see there?

Any local grub? Any local brews? Will you still stick to the hot dog/Miller Lite combo? Will you ignore it all and try to save $50 by smuggling in your homemade tuna sandwich?

6 Responses to Foodies welcome at new stadium

Bo

March 31st, 2009 at 9:30 am

There was an absolutely killer taco/burrito stand in the south end zone concourse at the old stadium. I sincerely hope they can afford the rent at the new digs.

March 31st, 2009 at 9:34 am

I prefer simplicity when attending a sporting event. Give me a dog and a beer and I'm happy as a clam. Anything too involved will divert your attention away from the primary reason you're there: the game. I would just rather absentmindedly eat a hot dog while yelling at Flozell Adams for his 3rd holding/false start penalty than miss a hard-fought 15-yard run by Marion Barber because I was worried about spilling my lobster bisque.

Save the fancy pants crap for the stiffs in the suites who are there to be seen. I'm sold with a quality dog and an ice-cold beer. Whether it's Miller Lite, Guinness, Shiner Bock or Sam Adams; it doesn't matter. As long as it's cold.

I'm thirsty…

Alex

March 31st, 2009 at 12:40 pm

High end food at a football game can only mean that the average / serious fan is getting displaced by people that care more about going to the game at the fancy new stadium than the game itself. It's nice that we have this fantastic new stadium that will provide the Cowboys with a theoretically huge new revenue stream. I just hope that the people filling the stadium won't be too worried about spilling their lobster bisque to get on their feet and yell until hoarse when the Eagles / Giants / Redskins are facing third and 10 in the fourth quarter in December. Nothing more depressing than a stadium full of fans who look more confused than Wade Phillips.

Ryan

March 31st, 2009 at 1:35 pm

As both a Cowboys fan and a lover of food, I'm a bit torn. On one hand, I love the idea of all the crazy new foods being served at the game, but on the other, football is an All-American every-man sport, and I truly believe its food should reflect that.

I don't believe foods like sushi & bisque belong at a football game, but I'm cool with things like barbeque & cheesesteaks.

Nothing will ever beat the good ole' hot dog though.

Carolyn

April 1st, 2009 at 1:44 pm

Save the experiments for the State Fair of Texas and give me my classic game day meal: Hot dog and beer! And keep it simple so I can buy one from the vendor walking the stands and not have to miss a second of the game. Haaawwwt Daaawwwg!

Carolyn