Show us the woodshed!

by - February 18, 2009 - Posted in On Jerry

Jennifer Floyd Engel is as mad as hell and isn’t going to take it any more. Following Jerry’s cryptic comments implying that TO’s here to stay, she had these thoughts to share

Cowboys fans are the ones really mad, you know the ones who keep the lights on at JerryWorld by buying tickets and jerseys and tuning in week after frustrating week, including every ugly second of that debacle in Philly.

You were mad, too, or at least you said you were back then. You promised to take everybody to the woodshed, then promptly dismissed that idea and instead decided to dig your heels in and spend days like Tuesday pretending media anger is your biggest problem.

We, too, would like to know where this woodshed is and why no Cowboys have been taken there.

Is it even in Valley Ranch?

9 Responses to Show us the woodshed!

Ryan

February 18th, 2009 at 10:35 am

So, unless explicitly stated otherwise, it looks as if TO's going to return. What are your thoughts? Is TO truly the locker room cancer he's made out to be? Or is he simply the scapegoat for everything that plagues Valley Ranch?

Are you glad to see him return?

RBot

February 18th, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I'm happy to see T.O. come back! Everybody complains that he is this huge distraction. Firstly, I personally, I don't see how another guy saying something that you disagree with makes you run slower, worse routes, throw the ball with less accuracy, tackle worse, less understand the fundamentals of football, or forget which side of the scoreboard needs to have the bigger number at the end of the day. Secondly, what has he ever said that is wrong? That Garret doesn't utilize him correctly? That when the ball is in his hands, good things happen? That Romo throws to Witten in double coverage all the time, but can't seem to see the taller faster guys who's only job is to catch passes (not stay in to block)? That the center needs to pay attention, or the rest of the O' line needs to protect Romo? What, in that, is wrong?

Oh, but he yells at guys on the sidelines… he must not be a team guy… Yeah, I'm yelling at the guys on the sidelines, from my couch! AND, everybody talks about how they have no energy, how they have nobody chewing them out on the sidelines… I mean, besides T.O.

The guys has broken almost every record a receiver can break. He has been in the leage for a LONG time, and he knows his stuff. Because it gets a little rough between FOOTBALL PLAYERS (why does everybody want their football players to be these prissy yes guys, with no heart, no mouth, and no intensity – he has everything I want in a football player…), everybody wants him gone. Ugh, the guy had a “horrible” year last year. He caught over a thousand yards and 10 touchdowns in Double-Triple coverage.

Grow up, it's football!

Ryan

February 19th, 2009 at 9:33 am

It's the chemistry, man.

When something disrupts that sense of unity that drives a player to succeed, attention (from players, coaches, fans, media, etc) will always shift to the source of disruption. Eventually, this shift affects morale which inevitably takes its toll on performance.

I'm confident there are plenty of business leaders, military officers, and coaches out there who would agree with me.

Am I wrong?

RBot

February 20th, 2009 at 8:55 am

I do disagree with you. Example: At a normal place of work, if you overhear a co-worker yelling at another co-worker because they wrote a report poorly, that would be a distraction in the office. You hear them yelling, and it frustrates you, or it upsets you. Does that make you now incapable of writing your reports correctly? Does it make you worse at answering the phone or talking to your customers? Does it make you forget why you are at work, that other people are counting on you to perform well to keep you job? No.

My problem is, the media comes out with the unidentified sources about how horrible a person T.O. is (happens to be the day after T.O. called those SAME reporters idiots in a live interview – but we'll assume that had nothing to do with it), and all of a sudden the team can't function because of a distraction? I can understand you not liking the person you are throwing the ball to a little bit, and I can understand not wanting to run next to that guy (if these sources are real), but I can't understand how it makes it impossible to do. They are getting paid millions of dollars to do their jobs, and that includes working with guys you don't like sometimes (I know I do it…)

The problem I see is, they are too sensative and prissy of a team. Let's say someone on the Stealers comes out and says Rothlesberger isn't getting the ball off quick enough. You think that bad mama jama is going to cave in and cry, and not throw the ball to that guy anymore? Never! What happens off the field happens off the field, and on the field you get over it and play a d_mn game of football. That's what you are paid to do, that's what you are expected to do, and thad d_mn well better be WHAT you do!

dmerandom

February 23rd, 2009 at 2:54 pm

Bill took the woodshed with him.

dmerandom

February 23rd, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Bill took the woodshed with him.