Dear Mr. Jones,
Will you be our Valentine? We know we’ve been hard on you in the past, but you know what they say, you always hurt the ones you love. And we do love you, Mr. Jones, as the owner of our beloved Dallas Cowboys. If only you would listen to us on the pesky GM issue, it would be a perfect pairing.
But alas, nothing is perfect, so without further ado, here is the Top 10 Things We Love about you, Jerry Jones:
1. You’re one of very few NFL owners who actually had some success PLAYING football
2. Who can resist an insecure billionaire who just wants to be loved?
3. It’s always better to be lucky than good
4. You possess a snappy sense of style and always look good roaming the sidelines at games
5. You’re absolutely fearless about taking risks
6. You’re a marketing genius
7. Nouveau riche subtlety works for the new stadium
8. You’re willing to put your money where your mouth is
9. We’d LOVE to get a beer with you
10. Good crazy, in the right environment with the proper controls, can lead to genius
So despite our many disagreements, we are hopeful of working things out. Because deep down we do love you, faults and all (at least as owner, but never as GM – there are boundaries to every relationship).
With much love,
Fans of the Dallas Cowboys